More soup!! Gotta finish this Winter season feeling strong and healthy. 🙂 This is another soup that is great for a Sunday meal or meal prep for lunches at the office all week! It has great flavor from the blend … Continue reading
Ingredients: 1 Lb. ground beef (you can add half Italian sausage) 1 jar Traditional Ragu spaghetti sauce pepper 10 manicotti noodles 2/3 cp. ricotta cheese (you can sub for cottage cheese if you prefer) 2/3 cp. mozzarella cheese 3/4 cp. … Continue reading
It is hard to believe that I got this recipe from my friend Jacob back in elementary school. I think we were talking about kielbasa sausage and how I usually just ate it with ketchup and then he told me … Continue reading
This pasta bake is a variation from my pizza casserole dish except this can be used as a dip with garlic or cheese bread. I also used marinara sauce, in this instead of Ragu, which I usually use in my … Continue reading
This dish is so easy to prepare and is ready within 45 minutes to an hour. It is taken from the traditional pasta primavera but made into a healthy twist. Thin strips of carrots are added instead of the noodles … Continue reading
A stuffed jumbo shell recipe with an Asian twist. The ginger and soy sauce in the recipe give these shells great flavor. Ingredients: 1/2 – 1 box jumbo shells 1 lb. ground beef 1 cp. bread crumbs 1 egg 1 … Continue reading
Amidst our Christmas cookie baking, my mom and I made this wonderful light and healthy soup. It is a great time of year to make something light that will fill you up and keep you warm. I made the recipe … Continue reading
Ingredients: 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste 1 T olive oil 3 cloves garlic, minced 1 onion, diced 1/2 tsp. dried oregano 8 oz. orzo pasta 2 cps chicken broth … Continue reading
Makes 5 servings. (I doubled the recipe, shown above)
- 6 ounces ground chicken or ground turkey
- 1 tsp. minced onion
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped coarse
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped coarse
- 1 small celery rib, chopped coarse
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup ditalini or any small pasta you want. (I used alphabet)
- Combine chicken or turkey with minced onion, ⅛ tsp. salt, and a pinch of pepper in a bowl and mix with hands until uniform. Using a heaping teaspoon, lightly shape mixture into ¾ inch round meatballs (about 28 meatballs).
- Add a little oil or water to a pan on the stove. Place the meatballs in the pan and cook on both sides over medium heat.
- Combine oil, onion, carrot, and celery in a large saucepan, cover, and cook over medium heat until onion is softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in tomatoes with their juice and broth, cover and simmer gently until carrot is softened, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Working in batches, process mixture in blender until very smooth (an immersion blender works great), 1 to 2 minutes.
- Return pureed mixture to clean pot, cover, and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Stir in pasta and meatballs, cover, and simmer gently until pasta is tender and meatballs are cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.