Usually it is my grandmother and I’s tradition to make pumpkin pies together each Thanksgiving. We make them the traditional way with our own special touches. This year I was on my own and decided to make mini pumpkin pies! … Continue reading
A healthier and lighter pot pie with rosemary flavor. If you do not like rosemary, you can leave it out and the recipe will still taste good. You can also leave the chicken out if you want just veggies. Ingredients: … Continue reading
This pie looked so interesting when I saw it, and I love snickerdoodle cookies so I had to try it. The pie is made from snickerdoodle cookies…well actually my snickerdoodle bar recipe that can be cookies too and the recipe … Continue reading
I originally saw this recipe on Pinterest and thought it looked so fun and interesting. I added my own peanut butter cookie recipe but kept the same filling ingredients as the original recipe. You can use peanut butter dough like … Continue reading
This chicken pot pie is a easy recipe to make on a cold winter day when you are stuck inside. The longest part of the process is letting the chicken and veggies simmer for 1 hr. but then it only takes 30 minutes to bake. It is very delicious and easily liked by the while family.
- 1 lb. chicken
- 1 onion
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 or carrot sticks
- 1/4 cp. green peas
- 1/2 cp. sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1/2 t rosemary
- 1/2 thyme
- 1/2 t salt
- 4 peppercorns
- 2 T butter
- 1/2 of 1/3 cp. flour
- 3/4 cps. chicken broth
- 1/2 cp. milk
- 2 pie crusts
- Cut up chicken in chunks. Cut onion, celery, and carrots into small rounds.
- Place chicken, celery, carrots, onion, rosemary, thyme, salt, and peppercorns into a pot with water. Bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and simmer 1 hr. until chicken is tender and vegetables are soft.
- Skim any fat from the broth and discard.
- Melt 2 T butter in a saucepan and stir in flour. Mix well. Stir in chicken broth and milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until smooth and thickened. Add a dash of salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the chicken and vegetables are done and the white sauce is thickened, stir the chicken and vegetables into the sauce until it is all mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie crust. Place the other pie crust on top sealing it to the other.
- Cut vents in the pie crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 min. Then 350 degrees for 15 min. until the crust is golden.
Cherry Pie Ingredients: 4 cups fresh or frozen tart cherries 1 to 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar 4 tablespoons cornstarch 1/8 tablespoon almond extract Your favorite pie crust or pie dough recipe for 2 crust pie 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, … Continue reading