So it really isn’t spicy, but simply has a twist to it because of the OJ added. If you love banana bread I would recommend trying this one. Using the basic banana bread recipe, I added a few spices and a hint of OJ to give the bread a little extra zest.
- 2 cps flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 cp butter, room temperature
- 1 cp sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 mashed bananas
- 1/4 cp orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 and oil and flour one large bread tin or two small ones
- Using a sifter, sift flour, soda, salt, and spices together into a medium size bowl.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and gradually add the sugar and mix until it is light and fluffy.
- Next, beat in eggs, one at a time until mixed.
- Alternately add dry ingredients, mashed bananas, and orange juice until well mixed. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl and incorporate it.
- Finally, fold in vanilla
- Pour into the bread tins about 3/4 full
- Bake for one hour