Usually it is my grandmother and I’s tradition to make pumpkin pies together each Thanksgiving. We make them the traditional way with our own special touches. This year I was on my own and decided to make mini pumpkin pies! Everyone in my family seems to eat less and less dessert each Thanksgiving so I figured what better way than to make minis for everyone to enjoy. They were not only delicious, thanks to the bourbon I added, but also created a nice display.
This recipe makes 1 pie or 24 minis.
- 1 pie crust for 1 pie or 2 pie crusts for minis, thawed, bought or homemade
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cp sugar
- 1/4 cp packed brown sugar
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/2 cp milk
- 1 T bourbon
- 1 can pumpkin
- Whipped cream to serve on top
- Cut crust into rounds and spread in mini pie tins.
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Fill each cup with mixture to top, it will not run over.
- Bake 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Cool in tins on stove top or cooling rack.