More soup!! Gotta finish this Winter season feeling strong and healthy. 🙂 This is another soup that is great for a Sunday meal or meal prep for lunches at the office all week! It has great flavor from the blend of spices and vegetables.
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 small white onion, peeled and diced
- 1 cp. diced carrots
- 1 cp. (about 3 stalks) diced celery
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 6 cps. chicken stock
- 1 (14-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups (about 8 ounces) orzo pasta
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. dried rosemary
- 4 cps. loosely-packed spinach
- salt and black pepper
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat.
- Chop onions, carrots, and celery.
- Add onion to the pot and saute for 4 minutes, until soft.
- Add carrots, celery and garlic and saute for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, tomatoes, orzo pasta, thyme, oregano, rosemary and stir to combine.
- Bring soup to a simmer, stirring occasionally then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is al dente.
- Stir in the spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes until it is bright green and wilted.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste (if needed). Serve warm.