This soup is known to flush the fat out of your system. Each ingredient in this soup has its own unique qualities that benefit your body. They restore acid-alkaline and sodium-potassium balance to the body’s organs and glands. When I first saw this soup, I thought it was questionable and might not taste very good but i was completely wrong! It tastes delicious!! I dare you to try it!
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1″ cubes
- 3 long carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- pinch of kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. allspice
- 1 tsp.paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 2, 15 oz.cans navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cps.vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1, 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 4 cps. baby spinach,loosely packed
- 1 T. plus 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- You can cook the soup in a slow cooker for 6-8 hours on low or over the stove for 2 hours. I chose to cook mine over the stove for 2 hours.
- Add all ingredients, except spinach and olive oil to the slow cooker or large pan.
- Cook on low in a slow cooker or cover and simmer in a pan over the stove stirring every 15 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Add spinach, stir and continue cooking just until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- When serving, drizzle a little olive oil over each bowl of soup *olive oil helps the body absorb nutrients more efficiently and supports a healthy digestive system.
Adapted from SkinnyMs.com