I’m always trying to invent different ways to present my boyfriend’s favorite foods: pizza, hot dogs, hambugers, Mexican, and pizza again. I used my regular pizza recipe for this.
- 1 1/4 cps Maseca corn masa flour
- 1 1/4 whole wheat flour or white flour
- 1/2 T salt
- 2 cps water
- 1 T active dry yeast
- 1/2 cp. olive oil
- 1 T basil or oregano (upon preference, or both)
- Canadian Bacon sliced in squares
- Pineapple chunks
- hot dog pieces
- mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- 1 cp. pizza sauce (I used Ragu)
- Add any other toppings you like
- Pre-heat waffle iron
- In a medium size mixing bowl, add Maseca flour, whole wheat flour, salt, and water. Beat with dough hook or wooden spoon until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Add yeast, oil, and basil and/or oregano.. Beat until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl and forms a sticky ball.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let dough rest for 15 minutes at room temperature or until it doubles in size.
- Divide dough into 7 equal sections or on a floured surface, roll part of the dough with a rolling pin to 1/4 inch thick round. You can use a plate or your desired size bowl to cut around it to make the circle.
- Place one dough round on the greased waffle iron and place sauce and toppings on top. Cover with another dough round. Cook until waffle iron goes off. May need to cook longer depending on how crunchy you want the crust.