A healthy twist on typical fried rice. It tastes exactly like fried rice but instead it has cauliflower. If you must, you can use rice instead of cauliflower. You can also add chicken, shrimp, or pork to your rice too.
- 1 head of cauliflower, about 2 1/2 cps. after food processing
- 2 T. sesame oil
- 1 small white onion
- 1 cp. carrots
- 1 cps peas
- 3 T. soy sauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 sticks green onion (optional)
- Rinse and chop the cauliflower into florets and put in a food processor or blender. Pulse cauliflower until it is small and it resembles rice.
- Chop white onion, carrots, and green onion. Set aside green onion. Make sure peas and carrots are thawed if they were frozen.
- Preheat a large skillet or wok to medium heat. Pour sesame oil in the bottom.
- Add white onion, peas, and carrots and fry until tender.
- Beat two eggs in a small bowl.
- Slide the white onion, peas, and carrots to the side of the pan. Pour the beaten egg onto the other side and scramble the eggs. Once the eggs are cooked and scrambled, mix the eggs with the veggies.
- Add the cauliflower, (cooked shrimp, chicken, or pork if you want), and soy sauce and mix all ingredients until cauliflower is fried and tender.
- Add green onion to the mixture and mix.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂