Round two for the restaurant. These cupcakes were a hit and I got the stamp of approval from Jhoy!
Makes 12 cupcakes or 6 jumbo cupcakes.
- 1 1/2 cps flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cp. butter
- 1 cp. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cp. milk
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cps. powdered sugar
- 1/4 cp. milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate medium size bowl, cream butter and sugar on medium until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low and add eggs and vanilla.
- Add milk and flour mixture alternately to wet ingredients while still mixing. Mix until combined.
- Pour into lined cupcake pan 3/4 full.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- While the cupcakes are baking, prepare the frosting. Beat butter until smooth and creamy.
- Add sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth and it is easily spreadable. Add extra sugar if it needs to be thicker.
- Cool cupcakes on a cooling rack. Once cool, spread the frosting on the cupcakes.
- You can decorate them any special way. In the picture, I added 1 drop of red food coloring to the frosting to make it pink and I added Skittles to the top to make flowers.