Today begins a new adventure! I will be baking muffins and cupcakes for El Charro Mexican Restaurant to sell every Sunday. 🙂 I am so excited that my dream of owning my own bakery is kind of starting in a sense. I will get to play around with recipes and invent new ones based on what my customers want. I am so excited to start with chocolate chip muffins. It is a basic muffin recipe but it has Greek yogurt instead of butter. Staying true to my blog and how I cook, I will add in a little healthy twist with each new addition. Please check out El Charro Mexican Restaurant if you live near by because it has amazing Mexican food and my amazing baked goods. https://www.facebook.com/elcharromn
Makes 12 medium size or 6 jumbo size.
- 2 cps. flour
- 1 cp. white sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 cp. canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cp. Greek yogurt
- 1 cp. + a few extra chips chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line muffin tin with liners or grease.
- Spoon flour into the measuring cups and scrape off any excess flour with a knife-this is extremely important because you get extra flour packed down in the cup if you simply scoop it out of the bag. Pour 2 cups of flour into the sifter.
- Sift 2 cups flour into a small bowl. Once the flour is sifted, spoon the flour back into the measuring cups, scrape off excess flour with a knife and put into a medium size bowl. Dump any extra flour back into its bag.
- Add white sugar, salt, and baking powder to the flour and mix together.
- In a large bowl, add oil, eggs, and Greek yogurt and whisk to combine.
- Add flour mixture to liquids and mix just enough to combine.
- Fold in 1 cup chocolate chips and reserve a few on the side.
- Fill greased or lined muffin tins 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then quickly pull out muffin tins and place extra chocolate chips on top. This will add for a nice display and picture perfect muffins with the chocolate chips staring right at you. 🙂
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes if medium size or 8 minutes if jumbo or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.