These pizza bites are from the same recipe as my pizza recipe post which uses half corn flour and have regular flour. My boyfriend loves all things, everything pizza so I wanted to surprise him with a new version of pizza already using the recipe I knew he loved the most. Luckily, this recipe is the easiest pizza recipe and takes the least amount of time. As soon as I made them, I thought that he would just say, “mmm they are good but the regular pizzas are better” but I was surprised when he said “these are so damn good.” I know I can make these again! They would make a great appetizer or snack for a party too.
Makes 24 mini pizza bites.
- 1 1/4 cps Maseca corn masa flour
- 1 1/4 whole wheat flour
- 1/2 T salt
- 2 cps water
- 1 T active dry yeast
- 1/2 cp. olive oil
- 1 T basil or oregano (upon preference, or add both)
- Canadian Bacon sliced in squares
- Pineapple chunks
- hot dog pieces
- mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- 1 cp. pizza sauce (I used Ragu)
- Add any other toppings you like
- Pre-heat oven to 480 degrees
- In a medium size mixing bowl, add Maseca flour, whole wheat flour, salt, and water. Beat with dough hook or wooden spoon until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Add yeast, oil, and basil and/or oregano. Beat until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl and forms a sticky ball.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let dough rest for 15 minutes at room temperature or until it doubles in size.
- Spray cooking spray into each mini muffin tin (dough will make 24).
- Grab about a ping-pong size ball of dough, flatten it out, and place it in the mini muffin tin making sure to cover the sides. Repeat this until all of the tins are filled.
- Place in oven and cook for 5 minutes. This will allow the dough to harden a little before adding the sauce and toppings. Remove from oven.
- Next, spoon in about 1-2 tsp. Ragu or pizza sauce into each tin. Add toppings of choice (I added little peices of salami and a pineapple chunk to each.) Top with cheeses.
- Return to the oven and bake for 20 minutes.