So I made a cauliflower crust pizza about two years ago using a different recipe and it turned out a little too mushy so I gave up on it until now. I am so glad I tried to make it again because this recipe is the best. Even if you do not like pizza, and in that case are not American or normal hehe, you will like this cauliflower crust. You can top it with anything you like.
- 1 small to medium sized head of cauliflower (or 1 frozen bag of cauliflower) – should yield 2 to 3 cups once processed
- ¼ cp. shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cp. mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. basil or rosemary, minced (or dry)
- ½ tsp. oregano, minced (or dry)
- 1 cp. marinara sauce or traditional Ragu sauce
- 1-2 cps mozzarella cheese
- Toppings of your choice
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Remove the stems from the cauliflower and cut into chunks or thaw out frozen cauliflower for about 2 minutes in the microwave.
- Place the cauliflower into a food processor or blender and pulse it until it resembles the texture of rice. If you don’t have a food processor or blender, you can use a cheese grater or chop it very finely.
- Microwave the processed cauliflower uncovered in a microwave safe bowl for approximately 4-5 minutes on high. Remove it from the microwave and allow it to cool for at least 4-5 minutes (trust me don’t rush this step!).
- After the cauliflower is slightly cooled, place it in a kitchen towel and squeeze all the liquid out of it. Be sure to squeeze as much liquid as humanly possible. Use all the arm power you have :).
- In a medium size bowl, combine the cooked cauliflower, egg, garlic, cheese, and seasonings. Stir until a dough texture forms. Spread the cauliflower mixture out onto lightly greased parchment paper or a pizza pan in the shape of a pizza crust.
- Bake the crust for approximately 15 minutes, or until the crust is golden and crispy.
- After the crust is golden, remove it from the oven and add your toppings, I used Ragu sauce, Canadian bacon, pineapple and cheese for a Hawaiian pizza . You could make your pizza Mediterranean style with chicken, feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and kalamata olives–this sounds so tasty on a cauliflower crust.
- Place the pizza back in the oven but this time turn on the broiler, bake for about 2-5 minutes until the cheese melts. be sure to keep an eye on it because the broiler can burn the cheese quickly.