- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 (28 oz.) cans whole tomatoes (with their juices)
- 1 (14 oz.) can cannelinni beans, drained
- 1 Lb. shredded chicken
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- ¼ cp. roughly chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Heat a large size pot with water over medium high heat and cook chicken until fully cooked. Shred chicken and set aside.
- Chop onion and dice carrots, celery, and garlic.
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots and celery. Saute for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add diced garlic and sauté for an additional minute or two until fragrant.
- Add in remaining ingredients, and stir to combine.
- Use a long spoon to crush the tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer partially-covered for 10 minutes. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve with freshly-grated Parmesan cheese.
Adapted from: Gimmesomeoven.com