This quiche is a healthier version of quiche that allows you to eat more! You can simply use veggies in it or you can add bacon or sausage.
- 1 and 1/2 cps. yellow squash (2 small or 1 very large)
- 1 and 1/2 cps. zucchini (2 small or 1 very large)
- 1 large orange bell pepper, chopped (or any color)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 T. ground thyme (or fresh chopped)
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- 3/4 cp. milk
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cp. shredded cheese
- 2 T. grated Parmesan cheese
- Slice squash and zucchini, chop pepper and garlic.
- Optional: cook and slice bacon or sausage
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with nonstick spray and add sliced squash and zucchini, chopped pepper, roasted garlic, and thyme. A little pinch of salt and pepper, too. Stir frequently, cook for 6-7 minutes or until veggies are tender. Set veggies aside in a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray a 9-inch pie pan or square pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites, milk, salt, and pepper together until thoroughly combined.
- Arrange veggies into the prepared pan. Top with shredded cheese, then pour the egg mixture on top. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until filling is set and no longer jiggles. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack before slicing and serving.
Adapted from: Sallysbakingaddiction.com