- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 Lbs. 93% lean ground chicken
- 1/4 cp. bread crumbs or corn flakes
- 1/4 cp. Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cp. chopped parsley
- 1 large egg
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 slices deli ham
- 3 slices swiss cheese
- 1 T. butter
- 1 T. flour
- 1/4 cp. white wine
- 1 cp. reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cp. milk
- 1 T. Dijon or regular mustard
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- black pepper
- 1 tsp. parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a nonstick baking sheet or 9X13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cut ham and swiss cheese into thin strips. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken with bread crumbs, Parmesan, parsley, egg, garlic, and salt.
- Form about 12-15 meatballs into the size of a golf ball.
- Stuff each meatball by making a hole in the middle and placing a few small slices of ham and swiss cheese in the center. Seal the meatballs well by pinching them closed.
- Place meatballs on the prepared baking sheet and bake 20 minutes, or until almost cooked through.
- To make the sauce: In a large, deep nonstick skillet with a lid, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Sprinkle in the flour and cook, whisking constantly for 1 minute.
- Whisk in wine and cook for 1 minute, then whisk in chicken broth and milk.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer until it thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Whisk in mustard and lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and keep covered.
- When the meatballs come out of the oven, add them to the sauce. Cover and simmer the meatballs over medium-low heat until the meatballs are cooked through and the chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Top with parsley and serve.
Adapted from: Skinnytaste