I remember sitting up at the kitchen counter when I was young. My parents would be on vacation without my sister and I and my grandma would babysit us for the week. One of my grandma’s specialties was tator tot hot dish and my sister and I absolutely hated it! We were forced to sit at the kitchen counter and eat our entire plate until all of the food was gone. There was no way of getting out of it and my sister and I thought it was the most horrible situation ever! I could not eat tator tot hot dish until I was 20 years old and before that the thought of eating it made me get the worst feeling. Now, I love the dish minus the tator tots.
- 1 Lb. ground beef
- 1-2 cans green beans
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1/2 can water
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- Chop the onion and pepper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown the hamburger in a medium skillet on the stove.
- When the hamburger is almost done add the onions and peppers and cook until the hamburger is done.
- When the hamburger, onions, and peppers are done add the rest of the ingredients and mix together.
- Pour the ingredients into a 8×8 pan and cook for 45 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.