It is my friend Charly’s birthday on Tuesday and he asked for a fruit tart so I did my best to make one despite not having a tart pan, I think it turned out quite cute. I also halved the recipe below to make an individual tart for him. If you are not a fan of apricot, you can use a different flavor such as lemon for the glaze.
- 6 T. butter, softened
- 1/4 cp. sugar
- 1 cp. flour
- 2 T. cornmeal
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 1 pkg. (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 T. sugar
- 2 T. milk
- 2 cps, assorted berries or fresh fruit
- 2 T. sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/3 cp. apricot nectar
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the flour, cornmeal, and lemon juice to form a dough.
- Press dough onto bottom and up the sides of a greased 9 inch tart pan.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For the filling beat all ingredients except the fruit until completely smooth.
- Spread over the cooled crust.
- Arrange berries over the filling and refrigerate while preparing the glaze.
- In a small saucepan, combine all glaze ingredients and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Brush over the fruit.
- Refrigerate tart for 1 hour before serving.