These cookies are not the typical quick cookies you might be used to whipping up and making fast any time you are craving cookies. These cookies are perfect to make as a birthday gift, for a party, or when you have guests over. They have turbinado sugar in addition to white and brown sugar, dark chocolate chips, and milk chocolate chunks. You can also get extra fancy and add sea salt on top of them. As a dough eater myself, it was different eating the dough with the extra crunch the turbinado sugar added; but it still tasted really good. These cookies stay soft and chewy too. 🙂
- 2 sticks of butter
- 4 T. white sugar
- 4 T. turbinado sugar
- 1 1/2 cps. plus 4 T. brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tsp. vanilla
- 3 1/2 cps. flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 bag (12 oz.) dark chocolate chips
- 1 bag (12 oz.) milk chocolate chunks
- 1/2 tsp. flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 360°F.
- Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy (5 minutes on medium speed if using a mixer). While the butter and sugar is creaming, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add the egg and vanilla to the butter-sugar and mix until combined.
- Add the flour and mix until barely combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and chunks.
- Portion the cookies out onto a silpat baking mat or parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Optional: Sprinkle with the flaky salt
- Bake for 12 minutes, until the edges are golden but the centers are gooey. Let cool on baking sheet for 1-2 minutes and them move cookies to cooling racks.