Another Mexican soup made very simple with few ingredients that tastes great.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 cp. white rice
- 2 medium size tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 T. thyme
- 1 T. basil
- 1 T. oregano
- In a large stock pot, bring water to a boil. Cut tomatoes into chunks. Cut onion into fourths.
- Once the water is boiling, add whole chicken, tomatoes, onion, and spices.
- Cook on medium heat about 1- 1 1/2 hours until chicken is done. Add in rice half way through cooking.
- When done, you can serve as is with as much chicken as you want or you can take the chicken out, break it apart or shred it and then add some back into the soup and keep whatever is left for another recipe.
- Add spices and salt and pepper to your liking.
- Serve warm with lime juice and tortillas.