My mom got me this awesome giant cupcake tin and I could not wait to use it. I decided to make a giant chocolate cupcake for one of my sweets loving students from last year who I became close to. This cupcake can be made for one person or shared. You can make any kind of cake mix in these tins.
- 2 cps. sugar
- 1 3/4 cps. flour
- 3/4 cp. cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cp. milk
- 1/2 cp. canola oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cp. boiling water
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 3/4 cocoa
- 6 cps. powdered sugar
- 2/3 cp. milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease pans and make sure every part is greased so it comes out evenly.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, flour,cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add in eggs and mix.
- Add in the milk, oil, and vanilla and mix until everything is well combined.
- Mix in boiling water. (batter with be very thin)
- Fill the cone shaped cavity (which will be the top part of your cake) with 2 ½ cups of batter and 3 ½ cups into the other cavity (which will be the bottom part of cake).
- Place your cake in a preheated oven. To insure an evenly baked cake, make sure the appropriate amount of batter is used (no more or no less) and turn the pan around halfway through baking. Bake for approximately 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes and then remove from pan and cool completely on a cooling grid. If the pan has been greased appropriately, the cake will come out with no trouble.
- Frosting: Pour melted butter into a medium size bowl and add cocoa.
- Add in 3 cps. powdered sugar and mix well. Add 1/3 cp. of milk and mix well. Add in the rest of the powdered sugar and then milk and mix well.
- Stir in vanilla.
- *If you want the frosting thicker then add more powdered sugar. If you want the frosting thinner then add more milk.