If you like chili and you like pizza then you will like this chili. This chili is great in the Winter or if you need a potluck meal for a lot of people. I replaced the sausage with hot dog and added mushroom. You can also easily make this with organic ingredients or make it a vegetarian chili.
- 2 Lbs. ground beef
- 1 Lb. sausage
- 1 pkg. (8 ounces) sliced pepperoni, halved
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (16 ounces) hot chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (12 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 cp. water
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 3 cps. (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large Dutch oven or skillet, cook the beef, sausage, pepperoni, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the salsa, beans, pizza sauce, water, chili powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle servings with cheese.