- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 T olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 8 oz. orzo pasta
- 2 cps chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cp frozen peas
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cp grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper, to taste; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat.
- Add garlic, onion and oregano, and cook, stirring often, until onions have become translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in orzo until lightly browned, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 10-12 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, peas, lemon juice and shrimp. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Place into oven and bake until shrimp are cooked through, about 12-14 minutes.