This pie looked so interesting when I saw it, and I love snickerdoodle cookies so I had to try it. The pie is made from snickerdoodle cookies…well actually my snickerdoodle bar recipe that can be cookies too and the recipe for the cookies/bars follows. This pie is really rich and would be great served for guests or for a holiday!
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 12-14 Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 1/2 cp. butter, melted
- 1/2 cp. sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 T. cornmeal (you can substitute flour or almond meal)
- 1 T. vinegar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/4 cp. all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cp. butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cp. sugar
- 1/4 cp. brown sugar, slightly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 T. cinnamon
- Bake cookies first: Preheat over to 350 degrees. Spray the bottom of a 9×9 pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter for 30 seconds until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the sugars and continue creaming until light and fluffy. Scrape down the bowl and add the eggs and vanilla. Beat for 1-2 minutes.
- On a low speed slowly mix in the dry ingredients.
- Spread the batter evenly into the pan.
- Sprinkle 1 1/2 T. of cinnamon over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Once done, place it in the freezer to cool fast.
- Make the pie: Spray the bottom of a 9×13 pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Line a 9-inch pie dish with an unbaked pie crust.
- Hand crumble the snickerdoodle bars, that are from the freezer after they are cooled, into bite-sized pieces into a medium bowl, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the butter, sugar, eggs, cornmeal, vinegar, and vanilla until smooth. Add the cookie crumbles and gently stir just until cookie pieces are coated.
- Pour the cookie mixture into the unbaked pie crust.. Use the spatula to smooth down the mixture so that it’s an even layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes until golden brown on top. Let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with ice cream if you wish.