These bars are dedicated to my best friend Danica’s dad named Myron. Myron loves butter so I decided to make him these perfectly fitting butter cake bars for his birthday on September 26th. These bars are from and adapted from the famous Momofuku Milk Bar bakery.
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 4 ounces of butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1 pound (16 ounces) of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line an 8 x 8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Make the base first: mix together cake mix, butter and 1 egg.
- Pat into pan, create an even layer.
- Make the ooey gooey layer: Cream together the cream cheese, 2 eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Pour gooey layer over cake layer, spread to edges.
- Bake for 45 minutes* or until edges are golden brown, center should be a creamy yet solid consistency like cheesecake.
- Cool completely in pan before cutting into 1-inch sqaures with a clean, dry knife. For best square results, pop into freezer and chill before slicing.