This recipe looked so delicious and at the same time healthy I asked my mom if she could cook it for my blog. It turned out absolutely amazing and is a really easy and quick recipe to make.
- 3 T olive oil, separated
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 8 large collard greens leaves, washed and dried
- 1 roasted red pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced and divided
- 1 cup white or brown rice, cooked
- Big pinch salt
- 1 15.5 ounce can butter beans, not drained
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions, stir to coat, and cook – stirring occasionally – for 20 – 25 minutes, or until onions have softened and caramelized. Use a slotted spoon to remove the onions from the skillet, and transfer them to a clean plate.
- In the same skillet add another tablespoon of oil, then add the pepper and 2 cloves of garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and salt and “stir fry” for another 2 minutes. Use a large spoon to scoop the rice from the pan and transfer it to a clean bowl.
- Add the final tablespoon of oil and garlic to the skillet and sauté for 1 minute; add the beans and their liquid. Cook on medium-low for 7-8 minutes. Add a pinch of salt, and taste to adjust seasonings.
- Combine all the ingredients together, fill the leaves, and roll them up to eat.
Adapted from: Bakerbynature.com