OMG! From the moment I saw these bars I new they would be good. Cinnamon flavor, cream cheese oozing out…what more could you ask for? I love the granola topping too.
I halved the recipe and make a 9 x 9.
- 2 cps. all-purpose flour
- 1 & 1/2 cps. old-fashioned rolled oats or oat bran
- 3/4 cp. firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cp. unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 t. cinnamon and some for sprinkling
- 2 cps. (about 11 ounces) cinnamon chips (optional)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9 x 13 baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper, so that the lining overhangs on the two short ends. Grease the lining.
- Place the flour, oats, and brown sugar in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Pulse to combine.
- Add butter, cinnamon and cinnamon chips, and continue pulsing until the mixture is well combined and holds together when pinched.
- Set aside half of the mixture.
- Transfer remaining mixture to prepared pan. Press evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, or until the crust is golden and just set. Cool completely.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, condensed milk, and vanilla until smooth. Pour over cooled crust and spread evenly.
- Spread the remaining crust mixture over the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle the top with cinnamon
- Bake 40-45 minutes, or until top is golden brown and bars are just set.
- Cool to room temperature. Then, cover and place in refrigerator for about 2 hours or overnight.
- Use the overhanging lining to remove the bars from the pan and onto a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut into bars.
Adapted from: bakeorbreak.com