- 2 T olive oil or non stick cooking spray
- 3 cps. salted pretzels
- 1 1/4 Lbs. uncooked chicken tenders
- 3 large eggs
- 3 T honey mustard, plus more for serving
- 1 cp. all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 475°F with the rack in the lower third of the oven. Line a baking sheet with foil and brush it with the olive oil or spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Place the pretzels in a resealable plastic bag, and using a rolling pin, crush them until they’re finely ground. Transfer the pretzels to a wide, shallow bowl.
- In a separate wide, shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs with the honey mustard.
- Place the flour in a third wide, shallow bowl.
- Coat each chicken tender in flour and shake off any excess then dip into the eggs.
- Transfer chicken tender to pretzel bowl and press the pretzels into the chicken making sure it is covered.
- Place the tender on the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat the breading process with the remaining tenders, arranging them in a single layer about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the tenders, turning them over once, until they’re golden brown, about 20 minutes total.
- Remove the tenders from the oven, season them with salt (optional) and serve immediately with additional honey mustard for dipping.