I have been wanting to make these bars ever since the winter so I finally decided to make them. They were so delicious that I surprised my co-workers with them at work. They were all gone in a matter of five minutes. They are so gooey and soft.
- 2 1/2 cp. all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cp. butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cp. sugar
- 1/2 cp. brown sugar, slightly packed
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 T. cinnamon
- 2 T. sugar
- 1 1/4 cp. powdered sugar
- 3 T. milk
- 1/2 t. vanilla
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Spray the bottom of a 9×13 pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter for 30 seconds until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the sugars and continue creaming until light and fluffy. Scrape down the bowl and add the eggs and vanilla. Beat for 1-2 minutes.
- On a low speed slowly mix in the dry ingredients.
- Spread half of the batter in the bottom of the pan.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon for the cinnamon sugar and sprinkle over the batter.
- Take a small spoon and drop the remaining batter evenly over the cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool completely about a hour.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla for the glaze. Drizzle over the bars.
Adapted from: julieseatsandtreats.com