I was so excited to attempt another Mexican recipe and see if I would get my boyfriend’s approval. It turns out that I got his approval and he loved it! This recipe is very easy and it was a fast dinner to make.
- 1 Lb. ground beef
- 1 1/2 white or yellow onions
- 3 carrots
- 3 medium size potatoes
- 3 guajillo chilies
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 garlic glove
- 1 t. salt
- 2 dashes of ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups water.
- Chop 1 onion and cook it with the ground beef in a medium size pan. Make sure the beef is in small-medium size pieces. Add pepper.
- Chop the carrots into small pieces and cut the potatoes into small chunks, set aside.
- With a sharp knife, slice open the chilies and pour out the seeds.
- In a blender, add the chilies, tomatoes, garlic glove, salt, cumin, and 1 1/2 cups water.
- Blend all the ingredients until they are liquefied and smooth.
- Once the ground beef is done, pour the sauce into the pan and add the carrots and potato. Continue to cook until the carrots and potatoes are soft.
- Serve with warm tortillas, sour cream, and lime.