If you have a bad sugar craving that needs to be fixed fast or you are just hungry for one chocolate chip cookie this recipe works great! I doubled the recipe shown below and made mine into a cookie bar but that worked out great too. I would double the recipe again and make them into cookie bar circles served with ice cream if I was having guests. I thought mine was better than the cookie ice cream desserts at restaurants!
The circle cookies below are from the recipe below and this time I added in some marshmallows, raisins, and peanuts. This single serving cookie is all about making it just how you want it.
- 2 Tbsp salted butter
- 3 Tbsp packed light-brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp whisked egg*
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter in a microwave safe mixing bowl and heat in microwave until nearly melted.
- To melted butter, add brown sugar, salt, 1 tbsp egg, the vanilla, flour and baking soda. Stir with a spoon until well combined, about 20 – 30 seconds.
- Mix in 3 tablespoons of the chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into a 3 1/2-inch disk on a Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet or shape into a rectangle and place in the corner of a 9X9 pan. You can also bake them in ramekin cups to serve to guests with ice cream.
- Gently press remaining 1 Tbsp chocolate chips randomly over top and sides of cookie.
- Bake in preheated oven 12 – 14 minutes, until cookie is golden.
- Serve warm or allow to cool on a wire rack then store in an airtight container.
*To get 1 Tbsp egg, crack egg into a small bowl, whisk until yolk and white are well blended, then measure out 1 Tbsp.
Recipe Source: Cooking Classy