- 6 portobello mushrooms
- 12 ounces Italian sausage
- 1/2 cp. onion
- 1/4 cp. green bell pepper
- 1/8 cp. minced parsley leaves
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cp. parmesan cheese
- 1 1/4 T paprika
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 T garlic powder
- 1/2 T black pepper
- 1/2 T minced onion
- 1/2 T cayenne pepper
- 1/2 T dried oregano
- 1/2 T dried thyme
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Scrape out the brown part of the inner mushroom and remove the stems. Save the stems.
- Cook the Italian sausage in a skillet until browned. Dab off the grease with a paper towel when the sausage is done.
- Chop the onion, pepper, and mushroom stems.
- In another skillet, cook the onion, pepper, and mushroom stems and when they are soft add the Italian sausage and mix together.
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients for the seasoning together.
- In a food processor, magic bullet, or blender, blend the vegetables, sausage, seasoning, and 1/8 cup parsley until they are finely chopped and mixed.
- Pour the mixture in a small bowl and mix with one egg, stir until well combined.
- Divide the filling among the 6 mushroom caps and place the filled mushrooms on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown.