I really wanted to try this new chocolate chip cookie recipe but I didn’t have any chocolate chips so I decided to use sixlets and one little package of peanut mnms I had laying by. The cookies are really good and I can’t wait to try them with regular chocolate chips.
- 3/4 cp. butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cp. brown sugar
- 1/4 cp. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cps. flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 3/4 cps. semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
2. Mix in eggs and vanilla extract.
3. With the mixer on low speed, add flour, cornstarch, baking soda and baking powder.
4. Stir in chocolate chips. Dough will be thick.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
6. Measure out each cookie using a 1/4 cup measuring spoon. They should be in the shape of thick discs.
7. Bake for 11-12 minutes. The center of the cookie will still look a little undercooked, but that’s ok.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 1 minute, then remove to finish cooling on a cooling rack.