This recipe is from my donut recipe. Instead of cooking the batter in a donut pan I decided to cook them in mini muffin pans so I could fill them! These donuts are either filled with cookie dough, strawberry jelly, or a reese’s peanut butter cup.
- 1 cp. flour
- 6 T. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 4 T. vanilla or plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 T. milk (I use vanilla almond milk)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 1 T butter, melted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 T milk
- (You can add more sugar or more milk to make the glaze thicker.)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray mini muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, milk, egg, vanilla, and melted butter.
- Slowly mix wet ingredients into dry until fully combined but don’t over mix. The dough will be pretty thick.
- Spoon the dough into the mini muffin pan only filling 1/2 full and place the reese’s peanut butter cup in the middle then place dough on top. These can be filled with any filling. For a liquid filling like jelly or cookie dough, fill the mini muffin pan 3/4 full.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until the donuts are golden brown and they spring back when touched.
- Remove the muffins and place on a cooling rack for 5 minutes.
- Using a small-medium star tip and a piping bag, fill the bag with jelly and stick into the side of the muffin squeezing until the muffin puffs up. You can repeat this process for the cookie dough.
- In a small bowl, mix the powdered sugar and milk until the glaze is thick.
- Once the muffins are cool, dip the tops into the glaze and place back onto the cooling rack to dry.