I never liked corn bread until I tried this corn bread in Mexico! My boyfriend’s sister taught me how to make it and ever since then I have loved corn bread. This corn bread is more like dessert and it is very moist. This corn bread needs white corn for it to taste right. It can be hard to find and it is not the same as sweet corn.
- 1 can la lechera leche condensada
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 stick butter
- 6 eggs
- 2 T. vanilla
- 6 white corn
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Peel the corn and cut all the corn off the cobs. Place corn in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl.
- Spray 2 9×9 pans or 1 9×13 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Put half the corn in the blender with half a can of lechera, half a can of sweetened condensed milk, half of the melted butter, 1 tablespoon vanilla, and 3 eggs.
- Blend until smooth and pour into a large bowl.
- Take the rest of the ingredients (the other half), place in the blender and blend until smooth and then pour into the large bowl with the rest of the batter.
- Mix the batter with a spoon.
- Pour the batter into the pans or pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 10 minutes, 325 for 20 minutes, and 350 for 20 minutes. The cake will be golden brown when done.
- Let the cake cool completely then cover and place in the fridge. The cake can be served at room temperature or cold.