I was in South Carolina on vacation and was missing baking so I made these easy cheesecake bars. I split the pan into 3 sections to try strawberry, chocolate chip, and plain.
- 12 full-sheet graham crackers
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 16 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups Chobani Greek plain yogurt
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 Tbls. flour
- 2 Tbls. fresh lemon juice
- 4 tsps. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (85g) mini chocolate chips or strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Line a 9×13 baking pan with aluminum foil with enough overhang on the sides. Set aside.
- Make the crust: Using a food processor or blender, pulverize the graham crackers into a fine crumb.
- Pour into a medium bowl and mix with melted butter. Press into the lined pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Allow to cool as you prepare the filling.
- For the filling: Beat the softened cream cheese for 1 minute using a hand or stand mixer.
- Beat in the yogurt, egg whites, sugar, and flour until mixture is smooth and creamy, about 3 full minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and vanilla, beat for 1 additional minute until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips or strawberries.
- Remove the crust from the oven and spread filling on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes, covering the cheesecake bars at the 40 minute mark with aluminum foil to prevent browning.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes at room temperature, then chill completely in the refrigerator for at least three hours.
- Lift the foil out of the pan and cut into squares.
Adapted from Sallysbakingaddiction.com