If you are a mint fan and like drinking grasshoppers then you will love this easy cake. This cake is great for summer because it is kept in the refrigerator and served cool.
- 1 box super moist white cake
- 2 t. mint extract
- 12 drops green food coloring
- 2 jars (16 oz. each) hot fudge topping
- 1 container (8 0z.) whipped topping, thawed
- optional: rectangle creme de menthe chocolate candies
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees . Spray bottom of a 9X13 pan with oil and flour the bottom.
- Make the cake as directed on the box but add 1 1/2 teaspoons mint extract to the water before mixing it in.
- Using another bowl, separate 1 cup of the batter and stir in 3 drops of green food coloring into the batter.
- Pour the non-green batter into the pan spreading it out evenly.
- Drop the green batter by generous tablespoonfuls randomly in 12-14 mounds onto the batter in the pan.
- Cut through the batters with a spatula or knife in S-shaped curves in one continuous motion. Turn pan 1/4 turn and repeat cutting for a swirled design.
- Bake as directed on the box.
- Run a knife around the sides of the pan to loosen the cake. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Carefully drop large mounds of fudge on the cake and spread fudge topping evenly over the cake.
- In a medium bowl, stir in the remaining 1/2 teaspoon mint extract and 9 drops of green food coloring until blended.
- Spread whipped topping over the fudge layer of the cake.
- Optional: garnish with mint candies.
- Store covered in the refrigerator.