MMMMMmmmm… this cheeseburger casserole tastes just like a cheeseburger or a hamburger (without cheese). It is so easy to make and very delicious. This is a healthy dish especially if you eat it without the cheese on top. If you are willing to experiment, add hot dogs or bacon to the hamburger mixture.
The recipe makes a 9X13 pan but I halfed the recipe and made a 9X9 pan.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 cps. elbow macaroni noodles
- 1/2 cp. onion
- 2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbl. tomato paste
- 2 Tbl. mustard
- 1 pinch of garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cps. shredded cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium skillet, brown the hamburger and chop into small pieces. Add salt and pepper.
- In a medium saucepan, cook the noodles according to package directions then drain, rinse under cool water and set aside.
- Chop the onion into fine pieces and add to the hamburger mixture once the hamburger is cooked.
- Add the tomato paste, mustard, and garlic salt to the hamburger mixture and mix. Allow the mixture to cook until bubbly.
- Add the pasta to the meat mixture and mix together.
- Pour into the casserole dish. Sprinkle the top with cheese and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Optional: Serve with mustard or ketchup on the top or side. You can also add pickles to the top.