Makes 15 cookies
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 5 T + 1 tsp. milk
- 3 T canola oil
- 2 T + 2 tsp. powdered sugar
- 8 T cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/8 cp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cp. sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine the vanilla, milk, and oil.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and blend with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Smush the dough into a giant bowl with your hands or a spatula.
- Roll half the dough into 15 balls and flatten the dough on a greased or silpat baking mat lined cookie sheet. Press down the middle of each cookie with your finger so there is a small divit.
- In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar and softened cream cheese until thoroughly mixed.
- Top each cookie in the center divit with the cream cheese mixture making sure each has an equal amount.
- Roll the other half of the dough into 15 balls and flatten the dough in your hand. Place the dough on top of the other half of the cookie with the cream cheese. Pinch the sides of the top and bottom dough together, sealing in the cream cheese.
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a bowl. Roll each cookie in the cinnamon sugar mixture so it is coated around the entire cookie.
- Place cookies back on the baking tray and bake for 11 minutes. Cookies will look undone but they are done if the dough is cracked on the top. Cookies will continue to cook on the cookie sheet 10 more minutes before serving.