Ever since I have been cooking a lot of Mexican I have developed a love for corn flour. Tortillas with corn flour, pancakes with corn flour, and now pizzas with corn flour. This is my favorite homemade pizza I have made so far now.
(Makes 7 pizzas, you can double the recipe for 14)
- 1 1/4 cps Maseca corn masa flour
- 1 1/4 whole wheat flour
- 1/2 T salt
- 2 cps water
- 1 T active dry yeast
- 1/2 cp. olive oil
- 1 T basil or oregano (upon preference, or both)
- Canadian Bacon sliced in squares
- Pineapple chunks
- hot dog pieces
- mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- 1 cp. pizza sauce (I used Ragu)
- Add any other toppings you like
- Pre-heat oven to 480 degrees
- In a medium size mixing bowl, add Maseca flour, whole wheat flour, salt, and water. Beat with dough hook or wooden spoon until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Add yeast, oil, and basil and/or oregano.. Beat until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl and forms a sticky ball.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let dough rest for 15 minutes at room temperature or until it doubles in size.
- Divide dough into 7 equal sections or on a floured surface, roll part of the dough with a rolling pin to 1/4 inch thick round. You can use a plate or your desired size bowl to cut around it to make the circle.
- Place dough rounds on a greased baking sheet and prick dough with a fork. Bake for 5 minutes so dough can harden a little before adding the sauce and toppings.
- Spread each round with 1 Tablespoon tomato sauce and top with ingredients and cheeses.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.