This recipe is very easy to make for an after school snack for the kids, a quick needed dinner or a late night snack. The great part about the crescent roll is that you can stuff it with whatever you like. I have also had stuffed crescent rolls with hamburger meat, olives and cream cheese and a breakfast version with scrambled eggs and sausage. Use your imagination and stuff it with what ever you want. Maybe you even want to make a giant pig in a blanket!
- 1 package crescent roll
- 4 hot dogs
- 6 slices canadian bacon
- 1/2 cp. pineapple
- 3/4 cp. cheese
- Additional pizza toppings: hamburger meat, sausage, pepperoni, red pepper, green pepper, black olive, onion, etc.
- Cook the hot dogs. Cut the hot dogs, canadian bacon, and pineapple into small pieces.
- Roll out the crescent roll and pinch the cut edges together into one big crescent roll.
- Place the cut up hot dogs, canadian bacon, pineapple, and cheese into the middle of the crescent roll.
- Cut strips on each side of the crescent roll and pinch the strips on the opposite side of the crescent roll together. (This is done to allow air through and everything to cook more easily.) (See pictures below)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes on 350 degrees until the crescent roll is golden brown.