Friday was treat day for my students and another good reason to try out a new dessert recipe. The students loved these treats.
- 1 & 3/4 cp. milk chocolate chips, divided
- 3/4 cp. butter
- 1/2 cp. light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 cps. white sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cp. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cps. smooth peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cps. milk chocolate chips
- 1 T butter
- 4 cps. rice krispies cereal
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line a 9×13 inch baking pan with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray. (This step makes clean up so much better.)
- Combine 3/4 cup chocolate chips and butter in a large bowl.
- Microwave on high heat for 45 seconds. Stir and then microwave in 15 second increments and stir again until mixture is smooth.
- Stir in sugars until well combined.
- Add the vanilla extract and stir until smooth.
- Whisk in eggs.
- Fold in the flour until just combined.
- Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips and then pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until center is set and toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips over the brownies.
- Remove brownies and let cool.
- Prepare topping by combining peanut butter, chocolate chips and butter in a sauce pan over medium low heat.
- Stir until mixture is all melted, mixed together and smooth.
- Add rice cereal and mix until fully coated.
- Spread cereal mixture in a smooth layer on top of brownies and then cover and refrigerate. These can be served warm or cold.
Adapted from: highheelsandgrills.com