I have always made the same recipe of chocolate chip oatmeal cookies and oatmeal raisin cookies until I came across this recipe and decided to try something new. These cookies stay so soft and are such a satisfying snack or treat.
- 1/2 cp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cp sugar
- 1/2 cp loosely packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cp flour
- 3/4 cp oats
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chunks, chips or raisins (I used raisins for these)
- In a small sauce pan, heat the butter, whisking constantly until browned. Remove the saucepan from heat and continue to whisk for an additional 30 seconds. Set aside and let the butter cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and oats. Set aside.
- Once the butter has cooled, mix it with the two sugars until combined. Mix in the egg and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and combine with hands until a dough forms. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Form dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on a prepared baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes, or until the edges and bottoms are golden brown.
Adapted from: Tiptopshape2