Donuts Donuts Donuts galore! As soon as I started seeing donut recipes on Pinterest last summer I ran to the store and bought two donut pans. There are so many variations of donuts you can make. Today, in this post, I am including three other variations from the basic recipe below. Everyone I shared my donuts with could not get enough. I started getting more donut requests as soon as they ate their donut. Enjoy 🙂
*Makes 6 donuts
- 1 cp. flour
- 6 T. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 4 T. vanilla or plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 T. milk (I use vanilla almond milk)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 1 T butter, melted
*In the pictures below, you will see a donut with pink sprinkles which used the basic donut and chocolate frosting recipe but with strawberry yogurt in replace of the vanilla or plain and a Tablespoon of strawberry jelly added to the donut mixture to create a strawberry flavor.
*The donut with the Snickers toppings, also pictured below was made with the basic donut and chocolate frosting recipes but with a 1/4 cup added chopped Snickers into the donut batter and 1/4 cup sprinkled on top of the frosting.
*The donut with the white and black glaze pictured below was made with the basic donut and chocolate frosting recipes but included an extra step of melting 1/4 cp. peanut butter and 1/4 cp. chocolate chips in a small sauce pan and coating 1 cp. chopped Nilla Wafers with the melted peanut butter chocolate mixture. This was added and mixed into the donut mixture. This increases the quantity of donuts from 6 to about 10 donuts. White frosting glaze was also added to the top by using the basic frosting recipe below but substituting the chocolate chips for white chocolate chips then drizzling it on top of the chocolate frosting.
- 1/4 cp. dark chocolate (you can use milk or semi-sweet if you prefer)
- 1 t. light corn syrup
- 1 T butter
- 1 tsp. water
- Sprinkles of your choice
Directions for Donuts:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Spray donut pan with non-stick spray
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, milk, egg, vanilla, and melted butter.
- Slowly mix wet ingredients into dry until fully combined but don’t over mix. The dough will be pretty thick.
- Spoon the dough into the donut pan only filling 2/3 full.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until the donuts are golden brown and they spring back when touched.
Directions for Frosting:
- While the donuts are baking, melt the chocolate chips, corn syrup, butter, and water together in a small bowl in the microwave at 30 second intervals while stirring in between.
- Once the donuts have cooled, dip the tops of the donuts into the frosting and place on wax paper or a cooling rack.
- Add sprinkles to the tops of the donuts before the frosting drys