After making the Better than Sex Brownies I had leftover caramel. I knew I couldn’t waste it so I made a basic cookie recipe into bars and layered the caramel in between the dough. These cookies are to die for.
- ½ cp sugar
- ½ cp packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cp butter softened
- 1/3 cp shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 ½ cps all purpose flour or whole wheat flour
- ½ t baking soda
- 1 package chocolate chips
- 1/2 cp. caramel
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9X9 pan.
- Mix sugars, butter, shortening, egg and vanilla. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Place half of the dough evenly spread on the bottom of the pan. Pour caramel on top. Then put the other half of the dough on top. It is helpful to squish the dough into rectangles in your hands and layer it on top of the caramel. Any missing areas without dough will form together in the oven.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until it appears golden brown on the top.