This cake is so rich and delicious. You are immediately satisfied after one medium size piece. Every time that I have been away from home such as on my 2 week missions trip in Kenya, Africa or on my week long 40 mile backpacking trip at Isle Royale I feel the need to let myself indulge with this cake afterwards!
- 1 German Chocolate Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cp. oil
- 1 1/4 cp. water
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (17 oz.) jar Mrs. Richardson’s butterscotch-caramel topping
- 1 (8 oz.) tub whipped cream, thawed
- 3 (1.4 oz.) chopped Heath candy bars, or about 1/2 of an 8 oz. bag of Heath Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9X13 pan
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, eggs, oil, and water for 1 min. at low speed and 3 min. at medium speed then spread into pan.
- Bake 30-35 min.
- While cake is still warm, use the wrong end of a wooden spoon or a chopstick to poke holes all over the cake (1 inch apart) almost to the bottom
- Allow to cool 10-15 min. then slowly drizzle sweetened condensed milk into holes (don’t worry if some goes on top of cake and if holes don’t fill up) Make several trips around cake until can is empty
- Pour and spoon butterscotch-caramel topping on top and spread to cover cake completely (some will sink into holes)
- Let stand and chill in refrigerator until fully cooled
- Cover thawed whipped topping over butterscotch-caramel
- Sprinkle crushed Heath on top
- Chill thoroughly, best when served cold