This soup is very light and great tasting. Use left over roast beef from a stew or pot roast.
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 cp. sliced mushrooms
- 2 T butter
- 2 T flour
- 2 cps. reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2/3 cp. cubed or shredded cooked roast beef
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1/4 t paprika
- 1/4 t pepper
- 1/8 t salt
- dash of hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1/4 cp. shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and mushrooms in butter until onion is tender. Remove the mushrooms and onions and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and broth until smooth and gradually add to the pan.
- Bring to a boil then cook 1-2 more minutes until thickened.
- Add the roast beef, garlic powder, paprika, pepper, salt, and onion to the pan and cook until it is heated through.
- Optional: garnish with cheese