Monster Cookies are a big favorite with my family and friends. These are flourless cookies that melt in your mouth. Whenever they are made they are gone so quick! Thank you to my friend Mariah for introducing my mom to these cookies and then my mom teaching me the art of the monster cookie. 🙂
- 6 eggs
- 1.5 lb (jar and a half) creamy peanut butter
- 3 cps brown sugar
- 2 cps white sugar
- 1 cp butter
- 1 1/2 t vanilla
- 1/2 lb chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
- 1/2 lb M & Ms
- 4 t baking soda
- 9 cps oatmeal
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- With an electric mixer, cream together eggs, peanut butter, brown sugar, white sugar, butter, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add chocolate chips and M & Ms and mix well.
- Add baking soda and oatmeal, mix well. (When adding the oatmeal, start by adding 6 cups. Then add 7, then 8, then 8 1/2, then 9 if needed. Sometimes 9 cups can be too much and you only need 8 1/2 so it is best to work your way up to the 9.)
- Chill the dough for 15 minutes. (You can bake the dough right away if you cannot wait but the cookies stay firmer if they are chilled first.)
- Drop by tablespoons onto a cookie sheet ( I line mine with a silpat baking mat so there is less to clean up later.)
- Bake at 350 degrees 8-10 minutes.
The I ❤ J is special for my boyfriend. He is the Cookie Monster and loves these cookies. Hehe it was fun using cookie cutters to create these.