This is my favorite recipe of the two Jumbo Shell recipes on this blog. This meal was so good that I ate it for dinner, breakfast and lunch the next day. This is a recipe made from scratch with the help of my boyfriend’s recommendation of jalapeno peppers.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 3 jalapenos
- 1 large onion
- 1 jar (24 Oz.) Ragu Traditional
- 24 jumbo shells
- 11 oz. of cottage cheese
- 2 cps colby jack cheese
- 1/4 cp Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cp cheddar cheese
- garlic salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cook shells following their box’s directions and brown the hamburger. (I didn’t have enough shells so I put some other shells I had into the mixture)
- Mix cottage cheese, colby jack cheese, parmesan cheese, garlic salt, pepper, and salt in a medium size bowl.
- Rinse shells with cold water when they are done cooking.
- Rinse jalapenos and onion and chop into strips then satay in a medium size pan until golden brown and soft. Then add to the hamburger mixture.
- Once the hamburger is fully cooked, add the Ragu into the pan.
- Pour the hamburger mixture into a 9×13 pan.
- Stuff each shell with the cheese mixture filling the shell to the top but not overflowing and set the shells into the hamburger mixture.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top of the meal.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt, pepper, and salt.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Let cook for 10 minutes before serving.