Hamburger pie is a great comfort food especially for the winter and when you need to warm up. I had a craving for hamburger pie so bad I decided to make it. It was delicious and it is wonderful for leftovers.
- 1 Lb. hamburger
- 1 can tomato soup (about 10 Oz.) (Campbell’s or I used the organic kind)
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 Jar mushrooms (add more or less depending on how much you like them)
- 1 cp. cheddar cheese
- 2 T Worcestershire sauce
- 2 pie crusts
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown hamburger into small pieces.
- Chop mushrooms, celery, onion, and green pepper.
- Add celery, onion, and green pepper to hamburger and continue to brown.
- Mix 1 T Worcestershire sauce into tomato soup can then pour over hamburger mixture adding the mushrooms.
- Grease pie pan and place one pie crust on the bottom of the pan and fill with the hamburger mixture.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and add the second pie crust to the top covering the hamburger mixture so nothing is showing.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- Cool for 10 min. before serving.